Dante loves his little bike and we love to watch him ride it!
At 9 Months,What's New?
TALKING
There are so many fun little changes, it's hard to keep track of them anymore. My absolute favorite thing he does is when he says "uh-oh". He says it repeatedly but I never have a camera ready. He has started pointing at things and signing something that involves a pointer on one hand and open fingers on the other. I'm wracking my brain trying to think of a sign I've shown him that looks like that. I think he just made it up. He's getting good at imitating sounds. More and more frequently we have the feeling like he's trying to tell us something and we just can't understand.
SOUNDS
At grandma's house he made high pitched "meow" sounds after the cat. He also stands in front of the piano, presses the keys far above his head and hums along. His voice goes up and down and sometimes lands on the note his fingers are playing for a couple seconds. We can tell he LOVES music!
FOOD
His favorite foods are refried beans (with our yummy seasonings of course), roasted butternut squash (he gobbles it up!) and pizza. Wow, does he love pizza!! I peel away most of the cheese and pinch off the soft dough and sauce-- mmm-mm! Oh and of course his all time favorite is mommy's milk. We have a little routine after he nurses. He looks up at me with a big huge grin. I say, "yum-yum?" and he smacks his tongue on the roof of his mouth loudly. Then we both laugh. He thinks this is so funny.
MOVING
Today James saw him take his first step!! It's too bad I missed it, but it sure made Daddy proud. Here are a few recent photos...
Stuck in the car seat for too long on the drive to Grandma's.
Donster and I hung out with G'ma and Mary while
James helped Greta move into her place. Greta's here...yay!!!!!!!!
So many things to see on the Washington State Ferry!
I sat in the back and freed him from the car seat
until the ferry docked on the mainland. This
little break helps him keep sane on the long drive.
This is his face when the announcer spoke in a
booming, disembodied voice.
"Who??-the-what??"
"Hello, world! Come here so I can slobber on you!"
One Happy Little Sweetheart
Ok, we'll keep him!
G'ma Cindy thinks Dante is the cutest little guy ever. He sure makes me smile!!
ReplyDeleteDante had loads of fun with his grandma yesterday. He was so sad to see you go-- it was obvious he understood what was happening as you left this time!!
ReplyDeleteThe face he was making when he heard the booming loud speaker voice was absolutely precious... as if he were thinking "God?! is that you...?"
ReplyDeleteAnd, yup, I'm in town now....look out Washington!
Greta
So funny, Greta! We think just alike. I was actually planning to put in the "God is that you" caption, but forgot!
ReplyDeletexx