Friday, January 6, 2012


At 11 months of age, Dante is learning more every day.  He is suddenly walking boldly from here to there on wobbly legs, with a wide mouthed nervous smile on his face, which turns into a full blown chortle that always sends him toppling over.

He has one musical toy that infuriates him.  He presses a button, then leaves it and goes to play with something else.  When the music ends, he growls with frustration, returns, presses the button again, then quickly goes off to play.  Soon he realizes his music is over and starts to fuss and cry even more-- again and again and again.  Ugh!  Finally we figured out what the problem  was and put on a CD for him!!!

He tries to plug in any cords left unplugged-- yikes!

Just before Christmas, we awoke to an intense orange sunrise horizon with the night sky still above it and a big bright crescent moon between the trees outside our bedroom window.  I took Dante to see the real moon for the very first time.  He stared up at it for a few moments and then said "Whoo -- Whoo" just like the little owl looking up at the night sky at the beginning of our favorite cartoon.  Our hearts melted!

Tonight as James read a story with Dante, James pointed to the drawing of a little boy, "See his hair?" Daddy said.  Immediately Dante reached up to feel his own hair.  He understands!

Baby Dante has graduated from the baby bath pod to the big boy bath and oh how he enjoys all the splashing!

He asks constantly all day, "What's that? What's that?"  And we tell him what everything is.  He LOVES to be in Daddy's work room with all the machines.

He leans toward Daddy to put a big kiss on his cheek.  Boy do I love my Donster!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I get to be around to see him grow. And I love that he already likes music! That picture is precious - by the way.

    PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES!!

    Greta

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the sweetest pictures ever!! I love your little Donster so much!! Cannot believe how much he is growing up. In less than a month, he'll be one!! How the time doth fly!
    Kisses from Auntie M

    ReplyDelete