It's not easy living with a wild animal. You're constantly on your toes. You're always cleaning up after the little critter, putting up with his racket and tripping over his toys. But we LOVE our little monkey so much! Today James and I took turns sleeping in, since Dante awoke at 5 a.m. On James' shift, he heard Dante awake from a morning nap. He went into our son's room to find a wobbly baby...(!!!) S T A N D I N G (!!!)
in his bassinet, hanging on to the side bar...what!!? So now the crazy monkey is fixing to escape, great...what's next?
Dante is crawling all over the place. It's so cute to watch his little fat feet and muscly legs working away.
He's started to enunciate a few sounds, "d-d-d" and "n-n-n" and "ya-ya-ya". I adore the sound of his raspy baby voice. I think he may have a deep voice one day.

I'm not sure, but it sounds like he's humming along when I sing to him on the changing table now-- which he is also trying to climb off of. We are experimenting with changing him in the crawling position, since he refuses to lay flat on his back. But if you can come up with enough interesting new sounds during a diaper change, the entertainment is a worthy exchange for climbing up the book shelf-- he just kicks his legs with excitement instead.

There is nothing more wonderful that holding our little monkey when he's sleepy and hungry and cuddly... what a dream baby! We're so happy to have him in our home...even if he does stink the place up from time to time : )
![]() |
| Our 6 Month Old Boy |




Look out world! Here comes trouble!!! Loving the tongue pix! Can't wait to see the lil monkey! Gotta see ya this wk!! XO
ReplyDelete