Saturday, September 3, 2011

Baby On the Move

Well, there's no resting with little Dante around.  Happy b-day, Dante! At 7 months his little guy is constantly keeping us on our toes.  Here's the latest.


We thought the baby gate was the perfect solution to getting a little work done while he plays.  He can stay in the hallway without falling down the stairs...no, wait...now he's climbing the gate!! In fact he tries to climb absolutely everything, so there's no letting our guard down.  The other day I found him in a basket full of laundry, climbing onto a bookshelf! Oh my goodness.

Right at this moment I have some music on rather loud and he's on hands and knees rocking.  He's been doing this for such a while now, it just occurred to me he may be moving to music.  It's so cute...I love it when he does something he's never done before.

I came in to get him after a nap today.  I let him lay there and yell for me for couple minutes first though.  When I came into the room I discovered, to my surprise, that the little smarty had removed his pants!!!!  This was an attempt, no doubt to rid himself of history's most horrific diaper.  Good thing he had a onesie snapped on or else, I'm sure that diaper would have been removed and contents spread liberally about the pack and play!



He very frequently looks up at you and says "Hi".  No one can verify or falsify that he is purposely saying "Hi", so we just gape at him curiously.

Right now he is playing with the wheels on the piano. He loves parts...especially metal parts or any kind of hinge or handle that moves.

He is SUCH a good boy. He knows the places he's not allowed to go.  Sometimes I watch him approach the refrigerator or trash can (for example).  I used to always say "NO!!", but now he's starting to control himself. He'll stare at the forbidden object for a few moments and then crawl away!  I am so proud of him.  We'll see how long this lasts : )


He's got crazy strong hands!  If James holds out his thumbs so Dante can grab on, James can lift him right off the ground!  Dante just hangs there by his own strength.  What???

Lastly, he is just such a sweety.  He'll come up and lay his head on you or caress you with his hand-- oh and the smiles! We are so in love.  We knew all of these challenges and discoveries were just around the corner.  We're just surprised at how sharp the turn is!

I am so thankful for my baby!


3 comments:

  1. Wow! He's so big!!! What a wonderful time : )

    Luke isn't quite there yet, but we're preparing for it!

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Smarty Pants!!! Can't believe how much more he does in just a week...or is it 2? Love how fascinated he was with the cause and effect of shaking the lamp to hear the rattle and see it sway...to smart for his own good! And how he finally turned his back on the temptation rather than hearing you tell him "no." Too cute!!!

    And I KNOW he is bigger than the last time I saw him~gracious! Slow it down, boy!

    Love from Auntie M
    (And Gramma too...she loved the videos too!)

    PS: Happy 7 Month Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, he is growing up too fast! Every time I examine his little toes, they're literally bigger than a few days before. We can't believe the helpless, sleepy newborn baby days are really gone gone gone :(

    ReplyDelete