![]() |
| 6 Months |
![]() |
| Eight and a half months |
![]() |
| 9 Months |
![]() |
| Painted from a photo by Janelle Maas |
The following is from my baby journal last November...
My One and Only Demetri,
You are part of who I am becoming. I would not be the one I am today without you... our months together and even our separation. And I want you to know that who I will be tomorrow and for the rest of my life will in many ways be linked to my love for you.
I just watched the video of your memorial for the first time and I was reminded of all the people who loved you and gathered around us. We are all so weak, Demetri. We don't know much and we are needy. We have so many needs and desires affecting us that we can't even identify. We are all fragile like you were, my baby. But we do well in the time that we have, if we share our love with each other and cherish the hours we have available.
Tonight in my sleep I was awakened by your baby brother's hand. What a precious little hand! We had such a tender moment together that I will never forget it. It reminded me of my Demetri. I was lucky to be able to love you, my baby, even for the short little time. How precious and tender you were. I can never forget our time together or my love for you.
On February 13, 2010
Dear Demetri,
You are so cute. Do you know how badly I wish I could hold you and feel your weight and warmth? Your face is beautiful.
It's been 3 months to the day since you were born. I love you. I miss your body curled up inside of me. The thought of you makes me smile. You lived under the gentle caress of my hand. My belly was your world and my touch your only friend to play with. My voice was the night song in your dark sky, a song about the morning, which you never saw.
In my heart is so much love for you...still so much space for you to fill. My darling baby~one. Please don't be far away. Come and rest close to my chest where I can feel your warmth and soothe you. You are mine and always shall be.
On December 16, 2009
I am jealous of God
He's heard my baby cry
He sees his little face
his little arms, legs, hands and feet
He has no end of babies and a vast store of mothers' tears
tears he saves for only he knows why
But I know,
we mothers who grieve know why he saves our tears
To fill his endless ocean
The sea that never rests and never calms
We've given too much credit to the moon
For we mothers know why the waves rise and fall,
by the longing of our tears
For our hearts are ever reaching for the children we can't hold
We rise to hear faint echos of their little voices
Because we each hope to hear our own baby calling mommy
And we fall again defeated
and wait to gain the strength
to rise again and again and again




Crying for and with you...we miss your little precious one too. Love you so much.
ReplyDeleteM&C
Danielle, your words are beautiful, and only after having my own son do I begin to have a glimpse of your sorrow. I cry with you...
ReplyDelete