Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Grets and Gramma

     All my life I have enjoyed change and loved moving from place to place, enticed by the new and unknown.  So I was surprised to find myself horribly homesick right before Christmas last year.  I missed my sisters, my Mom, my brother and niece and all the little traditions that have always surrounded the year end holidays in our home.  Having relocated to Washington, and hearing that they would soon be gathering together in CA or in ME, I felt like my Christmas was a million miles away.  I actually cried!!  Well now that James and I have a baby, my home feels even more like home to me—more than any home I’ve ever had.  But I miss my family even worse because I want Dante to know them and cherish them too.  
     It was wonderful to have Greta and Mom come out for a week (Mar.4 – Mar.11).  They came to help out and shower us with gifts, but most of all to snuggle a precious nephew and grandson.  Here are a few moments with them that mean so much to me…
                Gramma’s Puddin'




 
Auntie Greta snuggling Dan-te-don… 









And just for the record, Mom, I found a blue vase for the daffodils!  So you win : )  And thank you, they were so lovely!

Isn’t my family beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment